In an emergency contact 999
or the Samaritans on 116 123
Please enjoy this collection of resources recommended by Andy to help you on your journey. Feel free to share widely with others, and let us know if there is a particular subject that is missing.
- Top Therapy Questions: Things to Know About Therapy & Healing – over 50 video responses to your frequently asked therapy questions!
- Series of Guided Relaxation, Imagery, and Meditation Tracks – by Charlotte Howard, Ph.D.
- Turning Inward: Connecting to Our Clients’ Inner World – by Tori Olds, Ph.D.
- Recommended articles and videos on the therapeutic process
- Video Collection on Healing and Life – by Tori Olds, Ph.D.
Resources for Young People
Why don’t you have a look at the links below and see if anything clicks with you…
- Papyrus – help if you are feeling suicidal or know someone who is.
- HappyMaps – has lots of links to excellent self help sites
- Relationships – This Healthy relationships & keeping happy at home booklet is for children and young people who want to think about what relationships mean to them.
- Frank – honest information about drugs.
- Winston’s Wish – helping those who have lost someone
- NHS – mental health and self care for young people
- Reach Out Breath – An app that helps you relax.
- Young Minds A really good website with expert articles, advice and blogs and a crisis text-line.
- Self-care tips for young people. Watch these videos on dealing with unhelpful thoughts, sleep, social media, anxiety, exercise and more
- The Mix For older teens and young adults: advice, blogs and articles on mental health, money, coping with families, being a carer, relationships , drugs and lots more.They also have 1-2-1 online chat and text messenger options.
- ChildLine Not just for young children and not just a helpline! An amazing website for everyone up to 19 years. Get support, read advice or check out the message boards.
- Kooth Online counselling with trained counsellors for 10-18 years for free. You need to create a log-in for confidentiality. Also have an online forum for discussion where you can just read or contribute.
- Ditch the label You don’t need to cope alone- find support and advice on bullying, relationships, COVID, home learning , OCD and more. Also has an online chat community
- Off The Record run lots of great on-line workshops and activities for young people aged 10-25 years from yoga to book clubs, as well as peer mentoring and activism. There are self-harm support groups and lots more. They also have a LGBTQ+ activist and support group called Freedom Youth.
- Bristol Mind Huge list of links including local and national helplines for young adults
- Mind Charity A to Z of mental health topics including information on medication, sleep problems, helplines and a “your stories” section
Resources in the local Harrogate area
We recommend some great organisations in the Harrogate community who share our vision of helping individuals thrive. Please give them a visit!